Sunday, October 12, 2008

Review for Betrayed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Betrayed
by PC Cast & Kristin Cast

Published: October 2007
Pages: 320
Rating: 5/5

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night finishing school. She finally feels like she belongs, even gets chosen as the Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, she actually has a boyfriend... or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threathen those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world. Betrayed, the second book in the House of Night series, is dark and sexy, and as thrilling as it is utterly shocking.

_______________________________

I read this book in one sitting and I loved it! It made me keep turning pages and kept me on the edge of my seat.

The repeating of things that happened in the first book is a bit annoying, but that is only for the first few chapters, and I can see that it would help someone to simply start reading the series with this book, instead of the first (Marked). However, I honestly believe you wouldn't get as much out of this series by skipping the first book.

This story had me feeling the emotions that Zoey (the main character) was feeling. I felt betrayed, so that is absolutely the perfect title of this novel. It is very well-written and perfect for anyone who enjoyed the first book in the series.

I would say that young adult readers aged 16 and up would enjoy this. I am 21 and I have fallen in love with Zoey and her eclectic group of close friends. As long as you are young at heart when you read this novel, you sould be able to enjoy it for what it truly is... a wonderfully written tale that will capture your attention, tug at your emotions, and have you reading until the very end.

I'm going to count this as my Drama Thriller for the 08/09 Suspense & Thriller Challenge.

No comments: